Sunday 10 May 2015

NAIJA NATURALS 2015 - MY HAIR & I





Hey guys!! Long time no speak.. How has your weekend been?

I went for a natural hair meet up organised by NAIJA NATURALS yesterday. I was really looking forward to it because it had been a while since I had gone for a Natural hair meet up and I thought it would be fun.

I got there a bit late and it had already started and a few people had given talks. They asked for 2 volunteers to play a game and I volunteered. They asked us a few questions about natural hair care and hair products and we got a goody bag :D. I like free things so I was happy about that. The bag I got had Dark and Lovely Anti-Breakage Oil Moisturiser, a cross between a towel and t-shirt for drying your hair ( I can't remember what it's called) from Guapa Lagos, which I can't wait to try out the next time I wash my hair, and Fayrouz.


Next, we got a talk from Omozo of O'Naturals. I really loved this part of the meet up. I learnt so much from it and Omozo was really funny and kept us laughing. I learnt that if you have thick and dry hair, deep conditioning with steamer regularly will make a difference. Remember how I deep conditioned with a hot towel in my last washday post, I think I'll start doing that regularly since I don't have a steamer. She also said when deep conditioning, you should leave it in for 30 minutes and after this, the product has already done its job. She also showed us how to comb natural hair from the tips to the roots with a volunteer.

In her spray bottle, she has conditioner and some oils in it. This is something I know people do (putting conditioner in their spray bottle) and I'm gong to try this out. I'll let you guys know how that goes.





There was also a give away from O'Naturals for anyone who could answer the question that was asked on protective styling.



After this, we played another game. This time, it was a hair styling game where they got 2 people to style  2 other people's braids within 7 minutes.






I think they tried for styling braids within 7 minutes.

After this, we got a talk from Kemi Lewis of KLS Naturals.



She asked us what healthy hair meant in our opinion and I remember someone saying shrinkage. Hair that shrinks back when you pull it is healthy. She also asked the right way to wash our hair which is, with the pads of your fingers and not your nails. You should never use your nails to scratch your scalp while washing your hair, as that could cause your scalp to get injured and pull your hair out from the follicle.

We were able to ask questions after and I asked her the right way to use Apple Cider Vinegar because, though she said it's good for most people's hair, when I used it, it made my hair feel dry and tangled. I also asked her what she mixes her Rhassoul clay with because she said she uses Rhassoul clay for cleansing and, not only does it cleanse your scalp, it also moisturises your hair.

 In response to my first question, she said that it's possible that I use too much ACV and I have to dilute it a bit more next time. For her Rhassoul clay, she mixes it with ACV and aloe vera juice. I want to try Rhassoul clay as a cleanser soon so this was really helpful.

We got small chops and Fayrouz while we were getting the talks which made me happy because I was quite hungry lol.

After this talk, we took pictures and did a little bit of shopping. We also got goody bags when we were leaving.


That little close up tube is actually a flash drive and that's a manual smoothie maker from Close up.


Bolaji of Diary of a Lagos drama queen

Detuke of Tuke's Quest, Dara and I

I had an awesome time and met a lot of nice people at the meet up. I also learnt a lot so I can't wait for the next one.

Oyime :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was loads of fun!
    I wanted to attend too but they said there was no more space and then when they opened up more seats, they never replied me *sigh*
    I guess it wasn't meant to be, lol.
    Nigerian and Natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww and it would have been nice to see you there :(
      You can always go for the next one :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Oyime...
    Finally found your blog... Nice
    I am the woman in the picture above...Thanks..
    Lovely blog you have...please can you send me your number. My email addy is moby.amusu@gmail.com
    thanks

    www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bolaji! Thank you :) Alright I'll send it

      Delete
  3. it was sooo nice to meet you oyime, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it was really nice meeting you Zainab :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...